NWAL COVID-19 Update
NWAL Swim Team Update:
The situation and CDC recommendations are changing on an almost daily basis which has made it extremely difficult to make any firm decisions or set any definite timelines. NWAL voted to try and delay the season and start May 11th. At this time the Township is unsure of what pools we will be able to open based on the amount of lifeguards we will have trained up to May 11th, since we can not hold training class. As we get into April we will have more info on what the swim teams will be doing and what our plains are for the season. If you would like to read the full NWAL press release, go to https://www.nwal.org/
I am sorry to inform you that the Woodlands Township is closing all of our programs down effective immediately due to COIVID-19. The Board of Directors met late yesterday afternoon and made the very tough decision to cancel all scheduled activities and facility usage until May 11th. I will be working on refunds and sending them out with in the week. If anything changes I will let you know.
As for summer swim team, we are not sure what we are doing at this time. We are contact with NWAL and The Township. Please check back here regularly for further details.
Thank you for your patients and stay healthy and safe!
A Message from The Woodlands Township:
We are monitoring the impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in the Houston area and are in communication with our local, state and federal partners. The health and safety of our participants and staff is our top priority. The Aquatics Department is taking proactive steps to maintain a safe pool environment to protect the of all program participants, employees, and guardians.
At The Woodlands Township Pools we ask all participants and staff to cooperate in taking the steps below to reduce the transmission of communicable diseases.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds. All campers and staff will be given frequent opportunities to wash hands.
- Cover your mouth with tissues whenever you sneeze, and discard used tissues in the trash.
- Avoid people who are sick with respiratory symptoms.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Stay at home for at least 24 hours after a fever has broken before returning to your aquatics program.
- The World Water Park Association along with the Center for Disease Control have released a statement “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”
We will continue to stay informed of the situation and its potential impact to our area and will act as needed at the recommendations of our local and state health agencies. If you suspect you or your child are ill, please stay home and seek medical care to prevent the spread of illness. Additional updates will be provided as necessary. Visit www.cdc.gov/COVID19 for more information.
Please wear an appropriate suit for racing (girls one pieces) and bring goggles, swim cap, a towel, fins if you have them, and a water bottle. You can get your swimsuits at SwimShops of the Southwest (on Woodlands Parkway, near the Walmart). Tell them you are purchasing a suit for the Riptides. You can also wear any performance/racing suit. Our colors are black and green.
Please arrive 10 min. early to get checked in and settled. You will need to check in with your Coach for the first two weeks of practice before entering the pool. Please remember - PARENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON DECK DURING PRACTICE. If you have little ones that are nervous, give them a quick hug and send them in with us. We have all had lots of practice with first day swim jitters. We have a lot of fun on our team and love to compete while demonstrating the highest standard of sportsmanship! Welcome to the RIPTIDES!